Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rifftrax - Best of Twilight

So, I kind of have a serious obsession with Mystery Science Theater 3000. MST3K was a television show that took bad movies and added a snarky commentary track. Even though it hasn't been on t.v. now for years, any episode is still my go-to for fun on a Saturday night. Well, any night for that matter. The unfortunate(for other people not for me) side effect is that I now expect my whole life to sound like an episode of the show. I wake up in the morning wanting to make a snarky comments about everything. Commercials, Facebook posts, whatever the kids are talking about in the dining room etc... You can imagine my delight when I discovered that the guys behind MST were taking on different projects together. More snarky commentary for my life! Yay! Some were more miss than hit(see Film Crew: Wild Women of Wongo) but it looks like their latest (and by latest I mean the last few years) stuff is gold. They're called Rifftrax and they're exactly what they sound like. But...and here's the best part, the boys didn't limit themselves to "bad" movies. They have taken on a little bit of everything. The above bit the Rifftrax crew put on YouTube is a sampling of one of the funniest so far. Especially because they couldn't have chosen a more deserving candidate. So, go watch it and I promise not to turn this blog into the Daily YouTube Share Channel. And, if you don't think it's funny then call me and we'll find you a nice doctor to help you relax that sphincter a bit. 

No comments: