Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You should be watching this!

Downton Abbey. Maggie Smith is in it. 'Nuff said. Okay. You need more. I SAID Maggie Smith is in it. And, and and it's got a little bit of everything. Humor. Drama. Whatever you want. AND, unlike 96.4% of television shows these days, it's well written and actually takes the time to tell a story. If you don't have AMC you probably don't even remember what that is. A real story. Where the antagonists aren't completely all bad and the protagonists aren't totally perfect. Downton Abbey does all of this without zombies,vampires or wierd, unbelievable mind-bending twists. No cursing or boob flashing either. Not that I have anything against those, mind you(hello? it's me!) but every once in a while I like to not have to lock the kids in their room with their fingers in their ears just so I can watch something. Now; if you're about to tell me that you don't go in for British period pieces, save yourself the embarrasment and just freakin' watch it. Big Baby. You've only missed the first episode of season two but you can catch the replay before the next episode on Sunday night. Hell, come over to my house and watch it on my DVR. If you hurry you can cram in the first season in time for S2 E2 that will play on Sunday night. It's on PBS so no more excuses. Now go. Don't stand there looking stupid, GO.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

I started it Friday night while Will was at Scout Camp.

Jenna said...

Krys says I need to start. And you know what I believe both of you, so I will start. And.....I am very exited:)