Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolve

I have recently become acutely aware of the passage of time. Suz turned ten a few weeks ago. It seems like such a little thing but the fact that all of my kids are now into the double digits brought the flight of time even more to my attention. Not in the "My my, how time flies!" sense but the "Holy Shit! what have I been doing?" sense. This(and the fact that you can't take a step these days without tripping over a New Year resolution)led me to ruminating on perseverance and my complete lack of it really. Just look at the piles of unfinished projects I have EVERYWHERE and you get how bad I have gotten. I have always been good at procrastination but it seems as I feel the weight of my life get heavier and heavier, it has reached a level that borders on insane. This is why I have decided to blog something, anything everyday.  Not because I am one of those fruity people that think everyone in cyberspace is chomping at the bit to be let in on my every thought and bowel movement(if I ever get to that point promise you'll shoot me-no warning: just POW) but because I'm hoping it will help keep me honest. If I can pull this off then maybe developing a little bit of follow through will rub off onto other places. Like my whole freakin' life.
      P.S. I guess I should clarify something. By everyday I meant 5 days a week. Not because I am trying to give myself an out(oh how you know me!)but because let's be honest here-my access to the computer on some days; mostly weekends, is on an emergency basis only. Seriously. It has to be a BIG emergency.
     P.P.S. Before you ask-the answer is yes. There will be this many run-on sentences and a complete lack of caring for proper grammar.

No comments: