Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fringe Benefits

Speaking of the perks of mothering sick kids, another one popped up today(ish) that I had nearly forgotten. Since it now appears that Suzie managed to catch a monster case of the Dread Gomboo that's been making the rounds, I decided the best plan was to just hunker down in the living room and try to ride this bad boy out. That's how I ended up propped up on 2 bean bag chairs at about one this morning and wishing for death to arrive and take me away. This was partly due to the mind-numbing/soul crushing fatigue that has me in it's grip, and partly due to the fact that we were on hideously dumb movie #712 with no end in sight. The specific movie playing during this particular moment was Princess Protection Program. It's a Disney made for t.v. movie and lemme tell ya it's a doozie. It's all about a girl that learns to behave like a princess and a princess that learns to behave like a girl. Both learning the requisite lessons along the way about self-esteem and not judging a book by it's cover. Oh, and rich girls are selfish beeyotches and boys that drive nice cars are self absorbed jerks don't you know. It was at about the time that Selena Gomez is telling off said jerk that I started to think that it would be nice if there really were little mice that came by and poked your eyes out with upholstery needles if you needed them to. Unfortunately, this was not the worst movie we watched-it was just the straw that broke the camels back as it were. Actually, the worst movie honor(so far) goes to Tremors 3:Back to Perfection; another movie I hadn't been forced to see until today. Usually, if the kids are watching a movie I can't stand I just go in my room and watch what I want. Or, if I want to hog the living room I send them to the girls room to watch whatever lameness strikes their fancy. Hence the reason why I am so terribly out of practice in sitting through crap not of my choosing. The fact that I watched every single one without one snide remark proves how much I love my kids. I don't care how much evidence you have to the contrary.      

No comments: