Thursday, January 5, 2012

A day late...

Welcome to the annual Christmas craft dump! It seems like every January I get over my aversion to Christmas and want to finish all of the projects I started before my yearly Christmas loathing set in. So, here are pics of my most recently finished. I was going to say a day late and a dollar short but for the sake of accuracy I feel I should say a month late and about 50 bucks short. Especially if you know how much money I've dropped on all of the crap in my house. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out-even if all I get to do is pack them away now. At least they're DONE. Onward and upward! 

In my defense, I sat down to make these and discovered my wood still oozing sap and had to wait for them to dry out a little more. They sat in a nice little pile next to the bookcase until this week. Gotta give me props for finishing them in a day and half in spite of the fact that I had to strip a bad paint choice off of one and consequently use a 2 step paint process on the others. 

I promised my sister pics of these weeks ago but wanted to add the ribbon to the middle one that...still isn't there. I can't find the right color so I am officially pushing that to next Christmas. Is it cheating to say these are done? Probably not. If I'm completely honest, I won't care by the time they come back out and they'll look like this forever.

No comments: