Sunday, January 22, 2012

TMI Dude. TMI.

I know I promised an inspirational poem about bacon today but the relationship I have with my sweeeet bacony bacon seems too special to share in such a public way. Which brings me to the talking point of today. I know there are usually talking points-plural-but I'm feeble minded and can only handle one at a time or I get confused and just sort of trail off into...
Anyway, I was raised by a Mother that was big into over sharing. Not just about herself, but about all of us. Seriously. Every grocery store checker in Pleasant Grove knew that I needed braces(new underwear, a bigger bra, a good psychiatrist or whatever) before I did.  You know I love you Jean but, you crazy. As a result I have developed an abhorrence for sharing with just anybody. You know, the I have 1200 Facebook friends and they all know when I had explosive diarrhea last week and I sharted in Starbucks but like, I don't think anybody noticed because I was wearing brown pants, kind of sharing that seems to be the norm these days. When I'm scrap booking and it's after nine then of course all bets are off but all my cropping buds have made their peace with this. I have such a problem with this that it is starting to interfere with my little experiment here. I already feel like I've overstayed my welcome by putting a link to these posts on Facebook. Now, I know you're thinking, "Hello! you're writing on a blog you idiot!". I know but, it's not like I'm one of those mental cases that is convinced there are thousands of eager readers out there in cyberspace breathlessly awaiting my next scintillating revelation about what a crappy mom I am. As nice as it is to vent and feel like you're venting to someone even though it's just you and your keyboard, I meant it when I said I am doing this for what it can teach me as much as anything else. So, 16 posts in and the paralyzing fear that I am turning into one of those asshats has me scrolling through all of the blogs here on Blogger and being too nauseated to write anything coherent. Maybe that is the other thing I get to develop here. I guess by the end of the year I will be telling everyone when I had to clip my toenails and feeling good about it. You know that puts me one step away from being a chronic hugger and/or someone that cries in the movie theater don't you?   

No comments: