Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dishes dishes

We have been without a working dishwasher for awhile. It may be a little my fault that it took maintenance so long to get around to it. I may have sort of implied that we were better off living in a van down by the river if our dishwasher was nothing but a very large drying rack when I put in the maintenance request. Last week I put in a nicer, slightly conciliatory one and that finally did the trick. Unfortunately, due to the fact that we HAVE been using it as a glorified drying rack; everyone assumes that the dishes in the dishwasher are always clean. And...we had an incident last week that had all of us praying that the plate we were pulling out of the cupboard was indeed clean. I decided that some sort of label was in order to help us avoid the necessity of such prayers in the future.  I was just going to make the usual "clean" and "dirty" ones you see around but when it actually came down to it that seemed kind of boring and came up with these instead. Luckily I had them 98% done when Suz got sick. I just put the white circles on them today and decided to share them. They're not that fancy. You can tell I just threw them together and, if you look closely you can also tell that I couldn't find my plastic thingies and used the poor man's laminating material; packing tape. If I had taken the time I could have made them cuter but they make me smile every time I look at the dishwasher and that is all that matters.     



No comments: