Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The little things.

I was sad when Simple Scrapbooks folded. It was the last magazine to still have a rational(read: not too ugly)approach to paper crafts. But the main reason was because I loved Stacy Julian's scrapbooking philosophy. She has always been about just doing what you can do and giving yourself permission to be okay with it. She keeps pointing out that scrapbooking should be fun not stressful. Last week I accidentally ran across a few random things she's done since then. It made me realize how much I really like not only what she does but how she does it. One of things I found was a YouTube video in which she shows you how she has captured more of the "things" of our lives and how important it is to take note of the everyday not just the special occasion type stuff. I love this idea. It's true how easy it is to convince yourself that as long as you've got pictures of Christmas and every birthday, you're covered. I admit to falling into this trap over the last few years. So, on top of all of the other things for which I have resolved to be an epic failure; I'm adding this to the list. I'm not crazy enough to attempt a picture a day but I have been trying to make more of an effort to grab the camera this week and just go to it. Here are a few of the pics I've managed to get.  


Turner was cold. And had to do dishes. Which in teenage girl world means I don't love her anymore. Because if I did, I would leave the heater at 80 even(especially?)if I suffocate to death and stop being so lazy and just do the damned dishes myself.

In her defense, this was in the middle of a week long exile from Facebook, Pinterest and texting. Gasp! So her attitude in this one kinda makes sense. A 14 year old can only take so much you know. Please note that this is the first time wearing her coat all winter and she wore it in the house the whole night.

Thomas wore this hat all the way up until bedtime the other day.

It made him feel...um, not sure what he was going for here. Patriotic? Presidential?

Turns out it was Turner's hat that he'd found kicking around the living room on it's way to the D.I.

I didn't take this one but had to throw it in. It was taken by Turner(who is obsessed with food pics) to show off the double mutant Starburst jellybean she had found in the bottom of the jar. 20 years from now this will be the most important picture of the year. I'm convinced of that. 


No comments: