Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Drugs=Bad

Here's the problem with writing a blog every day. Okay. Trying to sort of write everyday. Eventually you will succumb to the temptation to take yourself WAY too seriously and start writing posts about your prostate problems or manic depression or whatever. I see it on about every 3rd blog I come across.  Not that it's really temptation to which I feel myself succumbing but the inability to spit out anything but what's knocking around in my useless brain. Not kidding. After all of the song lyrics and random movie quotes I've got room for about 1 1/2  thoughts up there. I didn't blog last night because I have only had one thing on my mind since yesterday morning. I still can't stop thinking about it so here I am. Allowing myself to give in and become THAT person. Forgive me yet another sigh.
I have had a funky tooth that has been bothering me for months. I forced myself into the dentist office yesterday to get it checked out. Partly because the Hubs got irritated enough with me to push me into action and partly because it was bugging me sufficiently to go. Turns out the screws that have been in my jaw since my surgery 19 years ago are pushing on the roots of the teeth over which they sit due to the fact that my allergies have flared early and badly this year and are causing too much inflammation in my head. That's what I said too. What the hell is up with that shit right? Who else could come out of the dentist with something so lame? In an effort to get the inflammation down asap Dr. Ereckson sent me to the pharmacy for antibiotics. One of the 5 day packs so we get a lot of them in me quickly. And here's the real problem. If you've read this far then you know me well enough to know that I have an unusual form of arthritis. Unless you're just some random person that found this and has also made it this far. In that case just let me say that you're kind of a wierdo but, feel free to put on some pants and keep reading. Anyway, the last 2 times I was on antibiotics my joints went nuts. Not just the same ol' same ol' multiplied by 10 but the I can't even get my hands to cooperate enough to scratch my nose kind of nuts. Or the time before that, the I couldn't get off the couch in less than 45 minutes because my knees wouldn't let me kind of nuts. Don't know why. The docs were even scratching their heads. Needless to say this made me beyond wary of antibiotics. All I could think about as I swallowed the first 2 pills yesterday was, "WHAT are you doing????". All I could think today was, "no no no." Not that I really have a choice. What am I gonna do, not take it and start praying that those teeth don't get pushed clean out of my mouth? And now for the last 24 hours I have thought of nothing but when and where the hammer is going to fall. I feel like I swallowed a bomb with an indeterminate length of fuse. I've been running all over the house trying to tie up any loose ends just in case I'm out of commission for awhile. Like I'm dying or something. Not to be Captain Obvious or anything but I hate this feeling. I can't stand turning my body over to a chemical that gets to decide how I feel with absolutely no input from me. Tim would say I'm borrowing trouble but I can't help myself. It's all I can think of this week. Well, besides the Genie song from Aladdin of course. So; listen up Sparky, here's the deal. If tomorrow's post looks like this: Grrdgmjjsla;;aolmfnnuvt78n4433oof
then we'll know that I'm not very good at typing with my mouth. Where is Christy Brown when you need him? 

No comments: