Thursday, March 8, 2012

The card to end all cards

My sister sent me a card this week. I won't tell you which sister. I will tell you it's the one for whom I am most likely to be mistaken, is most likely to have birthday cake Oreos hidden in her paper rack AND the only one that gets the same magazine that I mocked in a post last month. She goes years, literally years refusing to design anything of her own and then I get this. I blame myself really. I feel I've failed her and all of my cropping sisters in how I've allowed them to follow me down this path to Scrapbook Hell.

I sure hope she washed her hands after cutting out those flowers. And dipped them in bleach. And then stabbed her scissors with the sword of Gryffindor just to be safe.

Nobody actually thinks I'm a princess. This was culled from an ad for markers or pens or something that was also ruthlessly ripped apart for looking like it had been created in 1989 and hand colored by a 3rd grader. My apologies to all 3rd graders.


Dear Sister, please please please forgive me for helping you believe that it is possible to cut out pictures of demonic looking kids, lame journaling about embarrassing birthday invites and Oprah's va-jay-jay flowers without losing a little piece of your soul every time. And for letting this hideous paper escape my notice last year and pollute your new home.
Love, Shauna


No comments: