Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love, love love me some Fry and Laurie

While in St. George and riding high on birthday wishes I talked myself into buying 3 seasons of Jeeves and Wooster. Lest you stop reading in disgust at my being such a horrendous spendthrift, let me tell you that they were half price at Barnes and Noble. I insisted on watching a few immmediately (of course) and managed to make a new fan of them out of one of my sisters. The other sister we are having evaluated for mental acuity and giving her another chance.
 Ever since I got home I have been making my way through the rest. It has reminded me how talented Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry are.  I feel pity for the people in this country who only know Hugh Laurie as Dr. House. His talent is so much bigger than that role that it's just sad for them. I also just feel so bad for all the people who only know Stephen Fry as Gordon Wyatt on Bones or the voice of the Cheshire Cat or heaven forbid, don't know him at all. Sad sad sad. I know you can make your arguments for Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese and a few other Brits; these 2 are my hands down favs for absolutely dripping talent.
So, here's the grand plan. Follow the 3 links below and enjoy before you give in and watch the whole damned thing. Then go watch Blackadder Goes Forth:Major Star because it's just too long to post here and it's genius and then go watch A Bit of Fry and Laurie and then go listen to Stephen Fry narrate Harry Potter and then check out Hugh Laurie's CD Let Them Talk  while you peruse Stephen Fry.com/blog and feel like a dimwitted baboon and and and...I think you get the picture. You're welcome.  





No comments: