Friday, February 17, 2012

A day...

Okay-I lied. You didn't see me yesterday. Since I know you almost peed your pants waiting for me to post something, I apologize to all 2 1/2 of you. (I don't count the school of retarded jelly fish that read this on occasion) I have a stellar excuse though. I'm in St. George with web access and no computer if truth be told. No, I'm not writing this post using back magic. I reserve that for special occasions. I am sitting at Barnes and Noble, drinking marginal coffee and typing on Shelley's fancy laptop that she was just sleep deprived enough to hand over. Foolisher and foolisher. Maybe if I keep her up late enough tonight I can convince her that we were robbed by the garden gnomes roosting in her garage and keep it. Can you see me rubbing my hands together and hear the low, evil chuckle?
 If I were to be honest with myself, I probably wouldn't have written anything yesterday even if I had been staying in a room full of connected computers and they were all humming at me to get something down. It wasn't until today that my brain started to roll in any direction that wasn't Suzie related. It's funny how easy it is to go into super survival mode compared to what a herculean task it is to come back out. I needed another good nights sleep and a day away from all of it to start heading back to where I should be. So, here I sit fully cognizant that the woman wearing the enormous hoodie standing in the Love & Sex section is in dire need of a good mocking. Not to mention the polygs that just walked in, ready for a good drubbing. It's good to feel like myself again even if I didn't quite realize I was gone. Ahhhh, what a difference a day makes.

No comments: