Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break!

I haven't written anything since the kids got out for Spring Break. I have the hardest time even changing the quote on here, let alone stringing sentences together when they're around. I sat down this morning, determined to get something written and...have been interrupted no less than 354 times. Wait, Thomas just asked me (again) what he should do. Make that 355. Maybe that's the secret to my inability to get anything done. Since the kids wandered out of their rooms this morning I have:

-refused Suzie's request to have Sprite instead of food for breakfast.

-shooed more than one child away from standing behind me reading over my shoulder.

-answered multiple phone calls from the boys pertaining to whether they should buy the milk they found that's $2.89 instead of $3.00 and to inform me that Sam is being stupid.

-told Turner she looks fine in that swimming suit too, no the bottoms couldn't have shrunk because they're brand new and yes, that top looks good with those bottoms but; no, the red stripe doesn't make you look more tan.

-been told that I CAN'T write that!!!

-told Thomas to stop whistling.

-made Sam brush his teeth FOR REAL this time.

-seen the better part of Turner's boobs. Twice.

-had my grammar and spelling corrected by above referenced children

 -told Thomas to stop whistling.

-stopped Turner from writing I am stalking Annie Annie Bung Chunder on this blog and posting it.

-not caught Turner in time as she added "I don't have undies on" to the Facebook message I was trying to compose but didn't finish due to being, you said it,  interrupted.

-had a 5 minute argument with Suzie on the merits of showering.

-Looked  Pixar's Jack Jack Attack up on IMDB to prove to the boys that there WAS NOT a man in it named Agent Lick Dicker but was in fact named Rick. I repeat, RICK.

-had Suzie sit on my lap wearing her swimming suit and tell me "I don't have undies on"

-threatened to feed Thomas his tongue if he doesn't stop whistling.

-been made aware of the fact that the boys are jerks, Sam needs to shut up, there is nothing in the house to eat, Suzie is bored, Turner is hungry, Suzie needs to shut up, Thomas went in the girls room, Turner is mean, Sam wants to play the XBOX, Thomas needs to shut up, Sam wants to play the XBOX, zucchini cakes are gross and the house really truly is devoid of any sort of edible substance.

-been informed by the boys that they decided it doesn't matter because his last name is still Dicker.

I think I need a nap.

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I can't wait to see you!