Thursday, April 19, 2012

They Tell Me Confession is Good for the Soul

Since I have been so shamefully neglectful here, I had grand plans to upload pics of Easter weekend today. Well, they will have to wait for tomorrow. I have to get something off of my chest before the shame crushes me.
I like to watch music videos on VH1 and MTV in the morning. Hold on. That should be it but it gets worse. With a few exceptions, (Madonna again? oh ick) I don't change the channel when a stupid one comes on. I just wander out of the room to change the laundry or eat breakfast or something. This is how I've managed to hear that new One Direction song at least twice. (probably more. who am I kidding?) And that must be why I caught myself humming it in the shower and singing it under my breath while I swept the kitchen today. If you're wondering who One Direction is think New Kids on the Block with tighter pants and British but with equally stupid looking hair. Okay, and there is only one cute one instead of the 2 boasted by NKOTB. Seriously. A couple of these boys are one "Can I help you Mr. Frodo?" away from being hobbits. I looked the song up on YouTube and it turns out I even know where to chime in with "the way you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed". Really. The horror.  I'm buried in shame here and I'm not sure if I can stand it. So let's keep this between you and me shall we? Thankfully, I'm not quite suicidal yet though. I think my brain is saving the nuclear option for when I start reciting Taylor Swift. 

P.S. While we're confessing I may as well admit to getting halfway through a mid-90's cheese fest Tim McGraw song last week before I realized I was singing along with EVERY word and threw the radio out of the window and tried to set fire to the van. Bad brain. Bad.
 That's all for now. I hope. 

No comments: