Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blue and Yellow. Sort of.



Unable to shake the feeling of being at the bottom of a giant creative hole, I decided to get on board another challenge. Operation Write Home's Midweek Throw Down again as a matter of fact. This one was to use yellow and blue as your main colors. Proving once again that I follow directions about as well as a particularly rebellious alley cat. 

Had been dying to use this (among the other gazillion)
from one of my favorite blogs
The Graphics Fairy
but the yellow kept tripping me up.
 It still doesn't match the picture in my head.

Try as I might, just couldn't resist the orange.





3 comments:

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've been creatively blocked! I know that well. But I'd have never been able to tell from those cards! The first is gorgeous and the second so very cheery! I think it's good to keep making them, even when you don't feel inspired.

Writers, when blocked, have a saying that we can fix a bad page, but we can't fix a blank one. I suspect it's the same with cards. (Not that these are bad!) I threw away many tries before I finally got something that kind of worked for a sketch challenge a couple weeks ago. Just keep doing them and your mojo will return!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I think both your cards are just beautiful! All the flowers are really something - wow!

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Krysta said...

Pretty, Pretty. As usual :)