Thursday, June 7, 2012

Behinder and Behinder

Lewis Carroll wrote in one of his Alice books,
 "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get."
Getting through these last few weeks of school has very much felt like that. I've been doing a decent job of getting weekly pictures like I promised myself but pretty much blown that whole getting them off the camera and doing something with them thing.
Another casualty of the way I only occasionly pay attention to my life.

These are from our little Horseshoe Springs outing back at the start of May. 
This one begs the question, which  is Tweedle Dee
and which is Tweedle Dum?
With my love of all things broken and old you can guess that
 one of my favorite things is the old wooden walkway
 that runs next to the spring
You can probably guess why I took this one. Tee hee hee might
 have been going through my head while I was taking it.
But what is the reasoning behind this picture? For the record this was taken
AFTER I handed my camera over to Suzie so...lesson learned.
I never get decent pics of either of these two so this is something of a
 miracle picture in my book. Even if it could have been a
 little less blurry, I'll take it.
Took the long way home as we are wont to do.
Stopped at the top next to this marker. The little 2 lane highway we'd
 been on was actually part of the first Transcontinental Highway.
Who knew? Yeah, I know. Probably everybody but me.
I was so relieved to see that there was a handicapped parking spot.
Now we can make sure my Mom doesn't have to walk that extra
 foot to look at the highway marker or when she takes her walker off
 on that hike she's been carefully planning.
Things start to deteriorate quickly if the kids spend too much time
 together as evidenced by this picture.
and this one
and this one
and this one
and this one.
Oh dear.





No comments: