Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stars and Stripes

I bought this wood way back in March and then, me being me, didn't get it made for it's intended holiday. For once, my lack of follow through worked out rather nicely. I would never have made this if I hadn't had the wood taunting me from the corner of the bedroom. I have been loving the subway word art stuff that has been making the rounds on Pinterest but didn't want to just print something. It was a big pain getting everything lined up and I fretted over the paint technique for more days than I care to admit but I think this time it might have been worth it. 

My only wish is that the front of this had been wood instead of mdf so that I could have really had a grainier look to the letters. Next time I suppose.

Side shot to see the flourish I put on the sides.


A close up of the flourish because it is, after all, the best part. I do love me a good flourish!

2 comments:

Krysta said...

Holy crap! How the heck did you do that? My guess would be vinyl stencils? If so, wow. I would never have had the patience to cut out all those different fonts, etc.

-Shauna said...

It is vinyl but I get it all merged into one document for my Sihouette and then cut so it's not as bad as it sounds. You just have to be willing to put the time in at the computer.