Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Le Sigh.

Oy, this book already.

 One of my BFF's little brother got married last month. Since I made a book for all of his siblings, (Jenna doesn't count because she got married when I was just starting to really scrapbook and how sad would that book have been?) I had to make one for him. Also, if you've known someone since they were passing the sacrament in a green suit and bowl haircut, you can't just pick up some dish towels at Wal-Mart ya know? So, I found out what their colors were, ignored them and bought this paper. This is kind of pink and silvery gray right?

Anyway, I brought it home, got the covers done and...nothing. Nothing! It just sat there; like a spider, staring at me every night as I spread it out and couldn't make it match the picture I had in my head. Ugh. Do you ever have something completely figured out in your head and when it doesn't come together the way it's supposed to, you sort of freeze up? Kind of like your brain's self esteem takes too hard of a hit and it's too busy sitting around in sweats and eating ice cream to work properly. The week before the wedding, I just gave up, switched to an already assembled chipboard book and slapped another book together. It only took me a day and a half.  Now, don't get me wrong. I think it turned out fine but it wasn't what I started out to make.
Le sigh.

When I got home from the wedding, I realized that I had enough paper to keep going on this one and truthfully, probably throw together another one. (When I'm looking at Graphic 45 paper, I seem to have some type of mini-stroke or something that leaves me without enough control over my brain to stop myself from buying too much. I need help. Maybe even medication.) To make a long story slightly less long than it could have been; I kept going and here is the long winded, overly dramatized result. Why didn't you tell me to shut up a year ago?  Yes, I know it's missing all of the froufrou that would make it a true G45 piece but I just can't manage to do it. Like I said last time, please don't go look on their gallery and compare. It will just make you feel sorry for me. Again. 

Okay. I know there are WAY too many pictures. But, the light was wrong for the first ones even though they're the best pictures so I added some others that my sister took that show the colors better and then I had to throw in some of the artsy fartsy ones that Turner took because I paid good candy (chocolate, no less) for those and I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste 'em.

A few stats:
The whole book is 12x8. Each set of flaps graduates from 6 inches wide down to 4.
Obviously, the back side of each flap was left empty for pictures.
I made it so that it can act as a display or just as a (mostly) flat album.
I'm still on the fence about whether I should put a clasp or something
 as a closure or just leave it as is.


 




2 comments:

Krysta said...

I heart it and I want it!

Carol L said...

What an amazing, incredible book! WOW!!