Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Mother's Sacrifice

Since I can't seem to get any of my class work done and I have a Father's Day book and a Travel book to turn in; also since the little matter of cutting all of the crap for my card class on Tuesday hasn't been addressed I have been sitting in front of the t.v. all day. Maybe I have had too much practice writing run-on sentences. My apologies for that last one and all of the others that are sure to come. Let's be honest here. I am too stinkin' lazy to use proper punctuation. Proper punctuation is for snobs and wussies. So are paragraphs that make any kind of sense apparently. Feel free to sigh dramatically and turn away now. Instead of going to church, I watched the NASCAR race. Or as Tim put it-kneeling before the alter of the great Atlanta Motor Speedway. Yes. I am aware that I am going to Hell but maybe Jeff Gordon will be there too. It's not like he has been a regular church goer. This is my small secret hope. Anyhoo. After that was over the channel ended up on KBYU. Well-what should come on but Little House on The Prairie. UGH. All of the children had wandered in and seemed to be engrossed in the show so, being the considerate mother that I am, I couldn't just change it. I sat down and tried to ignore it as best I could. That lasted for all of 60 seconds before the cheese and sap started to invade my every pore and I couldn't shut it out. I am trapped on the couch, trying valiantly to ignore all of the snarky/and or filthy comments that have formed in my brain and are fighting to get out. Do you know how many ways you can twist Pa Ingalls saying to some guy, "Well, I'm in charge and you have to do what I say."? Trust me. Alot. Since I am sooooo tired and at that time only had about half a Pepsi, I am pretty sure that the fact that only two (two!) comments (neither of which were even remotely dirty)made it out of my mouth means I should at least get a pat on the back for such a sacrifice. What a Mother won't do for her children- I tell you. The kids wanted to watch the episode that came on after that one was over but I didn't think I could make it through 2 in a row. Not without a significant amount of booze or a network sponser with one of those little bleep buttons. Now to all of you that are reading this and preparing an e-mail to me listing the merits of Little House on the Prairie, I say- get over your sad sad childhood and watch something worthwhile-Like Rock of Love II.

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I am appalled and offended! How can you trash on classic American television? You can just forget about me ever loaning you my boxed sets of Little House, little missy! But I still watch Rock of Love 2...