Thursday, October 18, 2012

Saving Sanity (or what's left of it anyway)

Fall Break.
The children are out of school today and tomorrow.
 Like any good mother, I was looking forward to having this break with the children. 
Until about 10:00 this morning when the umpteenth knock-down-drag-out started and ended with Turner calling everyone several words that you wouldn't say in church, Suzie doing her Velociraptor impression as she passes out death threats and with the few words he is getting in edgewise, Thomas is making sure that no one could be in doubt as to the absolute superiority of his character, intellect and gaming skills. 
It was exactly at this moment that I remembered I'm actually a crappy Mom and that the kids go to school for a reason.
 *It's the only way to preserve my sanity AND keep them alive.*
Yeah. Crappy Mom.
Luckily, when I took to the computer out of self-defense this morning, I found a few sanity savers. No, it's not a blog full of advice on how to be a better parent or the family crisis hotline number. I happened across more insane product reviews on Amazon. Some are as good as the Banana Slicer ones I found a few months back. I think I'm saving up for the Tuscan Milk first. A little spendy but sounds worth it. I hope the Hubs doesn't read this because I just about have Christmas wrapped up thanks to The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee and Zubaz Pants. And since I believe you can never be too prepared, I hope to acquire How to Avoid Large Ships for our emergency kits. 
 Now that my face hurts from laughing, not clenching my teeth in irritation, I can load up the kids for a (hopefully) pleasant trip to the liquor store.
If that doesn't work out, there is always the option of ordering up myself the Uranium Ore. Some people have way too much time on their hands.
Bless their hearts.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

Nic has the wolf shirt and the Zubaz pants.

-Shauna said...

Oh dear. I hope he doesn't wear them together. Apparently, they cancel each other out.