Thursday, October 4, 2012

So nice to see you, my friend

It's was 44 degrees when I shoved everyone out the door this morning. 
Hooray for October
Listen up people. Fall has arrived.
Let's dig out the jackets and sweaters.
 Time for vats of soup, piles of pumpkin themed baked goods and actually sleeping under a blanket at night.
 I must say, it's about damned time too.
Maybe I can start feeling like a human again. I hate being hot more than almost anything. I have a tendency to turn into a hibernating shrew during the summer so it's a good thing for everyone around here when Autumn temperatures finally arrive. Maybe this weekend I'll celebrate by going outside more than once. AND, for more than 5 minutes. I know. We got us a bad-ass up in here.
 Sweat and sunlight make me sad, okay? 
One problem. I find this time of year so pleasant that I actually get motivated to do...things. Not things like housework and stuff. That would be ridiculous. More like the 20 half-finished projects laying on every surface in the house that need attention. No exaggeration. Truth.
 I think it's the weather. And the new paper designs coming along every 15 minutes or so. And the excited feeling in the air that the holidays are coming but Taylor Swift and Hobby Lobby haven't had a chance to kill it yet. Whatever it is has me feeling like I am on fire with all of the things I want (must, need) to create. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually get a few projects finished this year.
Now, there's a thought to chew on whilst I whip up some properly celebratory
 potato soup.
As long as the stove isn't too embarrassed to heat up after seeing me
do my happy dance in the kitchen this morning.
Did I already say hooray?

No comments: