Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Of sick clowns and such...

Last week I learned an unpleasant truth about myself. 

I am a spoiled brat.

Okay, maybe not learned as much as was forced to acknowledge. I have long known this in that deep dark corner of my black little heart where such things are kept.

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
I got myself a gig making displays for a scrapbook store. Seemed like a pretty straight up job. Just go in, get whatever packet was available, take it home and use it to make whatever was required. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy right?

Unless you get a packet of paper that makes you queasy. Not just queasy but makes you wince and squint your eyes everytime you get it out. In this case, Doodlebug Designs "Fruit Stand' was the paper. They could have been a little more accurate if they had named it "Clown Sick".
 There goes lemon squeezy-right out the window, and I am spending WAY more time than I should trying to make something that doesn't look like it has been vomited on by a circus' worth of drunken clowns. It was way too hard. Harder than making anything with paper has been in a long, long time. 

Because I am a spoiled brat.

Nowadays when I start a project or start to work something around in my head even, I usually know exactly what paper to go with. Even if I don't know exactly what paper I'm using, I have a damned good idea. AND, if I get stuck part of the way through, I just switch paper until everything comes out the way I have it in my head. Because it's easier that way. Because I can. Because having things turn out differently than the picture in my head makes me sad.

After spending the better part of a week fighting with the paper, I ended up with possibly 3 things I would claim as mine and the firm belief that I am a big fat spoiled brat that has completely lost the ability (if I ever had it in the first place) to do something I don't want to do. 

I have included the pictures I promised to all of the unfortunates that had the bad luck to call me on the phone last week and got stuck listening to me whine. Sorry about that...













 










1 comment:

Krysta said...

Cute! Although, I do see what you mean about vomiting clowns. You made it work, though. I never doubted you would :)