Sunday, August 5, 2012

...and a Merry August to you!

Christmas. Blech.
This is the reaction you are likely to get if you mention Christmas around me.
Except, if it's the middle of Summer and all of my favorite paper companies have just released all of their new holiday lines. I find myself giddy with holiday cheer about this time every year. If I am really in love with what they release, I find myself having to stifle the urge to say "God bless us, every one!" every time I walk into the scrapbook store. No kidding.
So, I am now going to celebrate Christmas in the summer before it is ruined. Now, let's not assume this means I'm jumping on the Christmas in July bandwagon. If you know me, I'm not that big on jumping onto bandwagons of any sort. Plus, I blame that trend for giving some stores(who shall remain nameless)the idea that we need Christmas supplies in stores as soon as they pull Easter.

SHAME on you Hobby Lobby.
One of these days I just might give into the urge to run around your Holiday section with my arms out wide until I am satisfied there is enough broken glass on the floor to teach you a lesson. Well, really just to make me feel better. Just thinking about all of those piles of ornaments and ribbon for the offing IN AUGUST!!! makes me feel rage that I usually reserve for clowns and people using coupons and matching ads in the express lane. I can ignore Michaels and their one little aisle but you and your aisle after aisle monstrosity makes me ill. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done. 

Sorry. I had something to get off my chest. Obviously.
 It may seem like I'm playing favorites in not blasting the paper companies for releasing holiday stuff too early. Not so. That's an industry thing. Everybody knows that they have to release their holiday lines at the Summer CHA(Craft and Hobby Association) Show. That's why if you've ever worked in that industry or even just have a little obsession(like no one I know) you know that it's Halloween and Christmas in summer and by Christmas you've moved on to Valentine's Day. 
That's exactly what we're going to do here. None of you could make up your minds so I am making an executive decision.

 For the next little while it's to be Christmas, Christmas all the time.

 Until I get tired of that and switch to Halloween.
But we'll address that flaw in my character another time.

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I pulled out my Christmas Jelly Roll to finally make our Christmas stockings the other night. However, that may be the only thing I am making with actual Christmas fabric. All the other Christmas gifts I am making are non-Christmas fabric, so I doubt I will get sick of Christmas stuff. And I was at HL the other day with the boys, and we spent an exceptional amount of time in the Christmas section :)