Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Spiders, spiders everywhere

WARNING!-Make sure you're eating lunch while you read this!
Tim is standing in the hall and calls me in to look at something. I walk down the hall and look down at the biggest stinkin' spider I have ever seen. Now, spiders don't normally bother me that much but this spider was HUGE! It was bigger than my whole thumb. It also looked really wierd. It looked like it should have been striped all over but instead, it looked kind of fuzzy-like it's back half was covered in black dotty bumps. Tim picks it up in a cup and drops it into the bathroom sink and as the spider starts to try to escape, all of these little baby spiders start to jump off of it and swarm around the sink. There must have been at least fifty of the little suckers. Tim says closer to 75. It doesn't matter how many there were-it was one of the coolest/grossest things I have ever seen in my life. I wish I could have gotten pics but I don't think the spider would have chilled out enough to give me time to go for the camera. I keep thinking about it every time I walk down the hall. If I don't have my glasses on, I wouldn't even see a spider before I stepped on it with my bare foot. Yum. For all of my spider loving sisters and friends out there, maybe you'll get lucky and have something this fun happen to you.

P.S. Don't be ridiculous. Of course the spider and it's numerous, disgusting babies got flushed down the sink. Don't tell PETA.

3 comments:

Krysta said...

I just found another mutant Black Widown on my front porch. However, havent gotten around to killing it yet. I WILL take pictures, however, cause its web has gotten pretty huge, too.

Casey said...

GROSS! I'm relieved you didn't have a picture, because that's an image my mind is better WITHOUT! I've never seen so many spiders as we have had this year! Our house looks like we're decked out for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

ok right now I'm like scratching my head freaking out!