Monday, September 15, 2008

Ahhh, memories

So-this weekend, I got a phone call from a gal I went to High School with. Yes, I ended that sentence using with, I did say gal and no, I'm not telling you her name-for her protection of course. I don't know many people from high school that would claim to know me so-I don't want to out her-just in case. It appears that our 15 year class reunion is next Saturday. Kinda short notice but if Emily had wanted to go, I would have tried to rearrange things to accompany her but she would rather have a weenie roast, so there you go. As everybody knows, I'm always up for a good roasted weiner. In the flyer they sent out, if we're not going, we are encouraged to create a profile on Facebook so that everybody can catch up. Well, being the good little citizen that I am, I dutifully went on Facebook last night to check things out. Yes-shocking behavior for me but Tim was watching Sportsbeat-what else was I gonna do? Go to bed? But then what to my wondering eyes should appear? 3 pages of class of '93 to go see my dear. (That little bit of poetry is my gift to you. You're welcome.) Every profile with pictures of course! Thanks for not making me get out my yearbook to look you up because I can't remember who the hell you are beyond- I think that was the guy that always stared at my boobs or Oh that's right- he was on the football team and thought I couldn't know anything about football because I was a girl! Those knobs @ Facebook make you sign up if you want to see anything good, so I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new Facebook membership. I actually considered putting up pics like the rest of the class until I remembered that fat and old isn't such a hot look for me. Especially since I didn't see one person that looked like they knew what a donut tastes like. Um-hello! you're SUPPOSED to look worse fifteen years later! It looks like I'm the only one that got that memo (and then probably spilled my Coke on it. mmmmm Coke. with sugar. mmmmm) Maybe I should put up a picture of my torso just like the guy from CA that Tim and I found. I am sure my back fat is enough to impress even the most snobbish of old class chums. (you know- chum-as in we chummed the water to attract the sharks) Maybe I'll have to sleep on that one. No dummy, not my back fat. I sleep on that every night. Anyway-if you want to borrow my membership to laugh at people incognito- I'll send you my password. Just don't be surprised if all of your "add as friend" overtures are rejected.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

What is up with oyu people? Will signed up for Facebook last night so he could see the profile of some mormon girl he met in basic. I said, oh, I see, apparantly youve always had a thing for mormon girls. He said no, hes always had a thing for blondes. Anyway, I am still Facebook free, and intend to stay that way.

Anonymous said...

here here krysta, I'll just use ?Shauna to see people on facebook! Ok I'm thinking 20 year should be good unless it's at the swimming pool again. ugh. 5 years to get thin!!!!!