Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day


Father's Day crept up on me this year. It struck me earlier this week that it's arrival was imminent and then that idea drained right out of the hole in my head until yesterday when it popped back in thanks to a nudge from my brother.  Unfortunately, not in enough time to mail anything to the Dad-In-Law residing in central California but, luckily (for me) my Dad went out of town and gave me an extra day to make this. I had decided to make this weeks ago for him because he is obsessed with airplanes.  Me being me, I of course waited until the last minute to make it even though the paper had been picked out about 10 minutes after the decision to make it. Oh, me.
  I was so happy with how well it turned out that I had to share it. I'm including it's back-up that I cut, didn't need, but decided to put together anyway because I loved the look of it almost better than the first. What you can't know just by these pictures is the propeller on the second actually moves. I'm like a five-year-old that way. It really does only take something that small to make me happy.





No comments: